Voice lessons are the heart of ResonateYou. My favorite place is in the studio, actively helping to meet your individual goals as a singer and/or performer.
IT FEELS GOOD TO SING!
We sing because it feels good! We like the feeling of sound coming out of our bodies. Sound and vibration releases tension in our bodies. Certain types of music makes us feel happy and relaxed. Other music challenges us and makes us feel “moved” by the heartache that we might feel when we hear or sing it. We feel moved to sing the songs that we like, because we have that hunger inside of us to create something beautiful.
HOW I WORK WITH YOU:
Private, one-on-one lessons, are tailored specifically to YOUR voice, body, and goals. I help students "get out of the dark." I help empower you to really understand your own body and voice as your instrument. I help you identify what parts of your voice are already functioning well. We want to keep those healthy patterns! I will help you identify the parts of your voice/instrument in which you can change/grow/adjust to help you reach your goals as a singer.
What to expect: Most lessons are a combination of both vocal technique and learning songs. When we get started, we will most likely be more focused on technique, and as we gain momentum with your voice, we will begin to learn more song repertoire. We will go over your goals and come up with an individual plan just for you.
I use a unique combination of the following:
Somatic (of the body) Voicework/The LoVetri Method®
Intuitive and Empathic skills to “feel” what your voice and body are doing
Technical mastery and proficiency of music and styles (CCM).
I also draw from 20 years of teaching background of individual voice students. I am happy to express that teaching online has translated well with this experience.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
"How long are lessons?"
Lessons can be 30, 45, or 60 minutes long. Lessons can be weekly, or twice a month. At your initial lesson or consult, we can talk about what length is most appropriate for your level and goals.
"How much are lessons?"
Lessons are approximately $1/minute if you elect a Monthly Plan, or $30 for a 30 minute lesson and so on. See details in pricing below. If cost is prohibitive, please email ResonateYou to talk about options.
"What styles of music do you teach?"
I am trained in Contemporary Commercial Music or "CCM": Pop, Musical Theatre, Jazz, Rock, Folk, Country, Soul, R&B. I do have classical training as well, but "CCM" is my specialty.
I draw especially from Somatic Voicework™ training (meaning "of the body"), or the LoVetri Method: learning that your body is your instrument, with special emphasis on registration (head voice, chest voice, and mix/belt).
Good healthy technique comes from a healthy instrument, and we learn to sing with stylistic integrity of the music in the style of which it what intended: meaning...if it's a pop song, you wouldn't sing it in a classical style and vice versa!
I also specialize in using the voice as form of sound healing for your body. I can teach you to use sound meditation on yourself to help alleviate stress, anxiety, and tension.
"What is YOUR training and background?"
Learn more about Jen here!
"How do online lessons work?
Online lessons really do work! Here are some things to consider and expect:
1. Have a zoom account on either your computer or iPad.
2. Have your phone available for karaoke tracks.
3. Be sure your internet connection is ready and stable. (There always might be interference, but for the most part, the audio and visuals work well.)
4. Be sure there is not too many distractions going on in the room you'll be singing in.
5. Be sure you're not backlit (light behind you darkening your face.)
6. Try and get your camera eye level, so that I'm not looking "up" at you from below.
During the lesson expectations:
1. You will attend online at your scheduled lesson time.
2. We will work on audio setup at the first lesson.
3. Yes, there is a delay in sound. We will not be singing at the exact same time.
4. We will engage in a lot of "call and response" activities.
5. You will gain more independence of your vocal part.
6. You will use a karaoke track on your side to accompany yourself in your songs!
7. Or, I will send you a piano accompaniment straight to your phone in the form of a texted voice memo.
1. You will get a recording of your lesson after its complete!
2. You will also receive lesson notes from me in an email.
3. You will have just had a voice lesson and your heart will feel a little bit lighter!
One-time 30 minute lesson: $33
One-time 45 minute lesson: $50
One-time 60 minute lesson: $66
On Monthly Plans, if you elect 2 or 4 lessons a month and pay for them by the 29th of the prior month, the price goes to $1/minute.
PAYMENT: PayPal, Venmo, or Check.
Breathing in, I am fully alive. Breathing out, I let go of fear.