Singing and Covid Info.
The following resources are what we know currently. As more research becomes available, I will continue to update and share what I come across in this field.
Since singing indoors (without proper ventilation) is a higher risk of transmission, I will be continuing online lessons until it becomes safer.
Singing and music are invaluable during this time, and we should be able to do it with safety in mind.
Please take a look at the links below for your own information.
Info on the Studio:
Safe Space Inclusion Policy:
ResonateYou is dedicated to creating a safe space for all people to learn or relax in. ResonateYou does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, body size, physical appearance, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, or lack thereof.
As a safe space, we also do not tolerate any persons who engage in discrimination of any kind. ResonateYou reserves the right to not serve a client who engages in discriminatory behavior or who makes others feel uncomfortable or unwelcome.
ResonateYou currently offers lesson online through the Zoom platform.
Hours of Operation:
ResonateYou is open by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment using the "Sign-Up Form."
Please respect the 24-hour cancellation policy Please let the studio know (email, phonecall) if you are unable to make your lesson or session at least 24 hours in advance. If under 24 hours, we reserve the right to not refund the amount paid or due. If there is an emergency, please be in touch with the studio ASAP.
Photo Credits: Stephanie Armstrong Logo Design: Sarah Troung and Jennifer Lobo
Online lessons really do work! Here are some things to consider and expect:
1. Have a zoom account on either your computer or iPad.
2. Have your phone available for karaoke tracks.
3. Be sure your internet connection is ready and stable. (There always might be interference, but for the most part, the audio and visuals work well.)
4. Be sure there is not too many distractions going on in the room you'll be singing in.
5. Be sure you're not backlit (light behind you darkening your face.)
6. Try and get your camera eye level, so that I'm not looking "up" at you from below.
During the lesson expectations:
1. You will attend online at your scheduled lesson time.
2. We will work on audio setup at the first lesson.
3. Yes, there is a delay in sound. We will not be singing at the exact same time.
4. We will engage in a lot of "call and response" activities.
5. You will gain more independence of your vocal part.
6. You will use a karaoke track on your side to accompany yourself in your songs!
7. Or, I will send you a piano accompaniment straight to your phone in the form of a texted voice memo.
1. You will get a recording of your lesson after its complete!
2. You will also receive lesson notes from me in an email.
3. You will have just had a voice lesson and your heart will feel a little bit lighter!
Sign-up for yours today!